Blogging is getting on a bit now. It’s no longer new or exciting, is it? People are into video blogging and tweeting, right? No, not really. Blogging is still a fundamental means of self-expression and communication. It’s also a great source of income for people all over the country.
Having worked with countless mothers, setting up mommy blogs, parenting blogs, and special interest blogs, as well as a career in business writing, I have seen many succeed with hard work and discipline. However, this being 2017, the landscape is different than a few years ago, so it is worth knowing what will be successful this year. Here’s my top tips:
● Picking the right niche for you and to get readers
● Perseverance - it is going to take time to make money on a blog or to even get a blog to a point where you can monetize it
● A strong sense of identity - nothing bland, people want personality and realness
● Promotion - don’t wait for readers to find you, go find your readers
● Email marketing - still the no.1 most powerful sales tool,
● Learn affiliate marketing
● Create unique products
These are just the simple points as there’s not enough space here to go into depth. Luckily, I have a fuller, more in depth piece just waiting for you, so why not check out my guide to blogging.
About the Author:
Jessica Walter is a freelance business writer, who covers tips and information on how to earn money from a mommy blog in 2017.